Monthly Equipment Maintenance Checklist
Inspect these parts of your mulch coloring equipment every 30 days and perform maintenance as required.
- Check the wear on the liner located inside the hopper and coloring chamber. If the liner measures 1/16 inch or less, the liner should be replaced.
- If your mulch colorant machine has a shaft deflection system installed on the inlet weir, inspect it monthly for wear and replace worn parts as needed.
- Air compressor oil should be changed after the initial 50 hours; then every 250 hours thereafter. BASF recommends using a full synthetic, non-detergent oil (30-wt.), or compressor oil.
- The oil filter should also be changed at every oil change interval.
- Gearbox oil should be changed every 500 hours while the machine is being broken in
; andevery 3,000 hours (or three years) thereafter.