Tote Mixing Tips
To ensure optimal mulch colorant performance, BASF recommends these mixing guidelines:
- Always practice first-in, first-out (FIFO) inventory management.
- Utilize a BASF tote mixer and keep it properly maintained — shaft properly aligned and not bent, all blades move freely and
motorcapable of achieving maximum-rated rpm.
- Adjust mixing blades to ensure they are reaching as close to the bottom as possible without making contact with the actual tote and rotating in a clockwise direction. Blades will not open or extend if rotating counterclockwise.
- Before each use, mix the mulch colorant with acceptable vortex for 30 minutes — then stop
- Mixing less than 20 minutes may result in non-uniform color.
- Mixing more than 40 minutes wastes energy and may produce foam.
- Once properly mixed, product uniformity should remain for 24 hours.